In Case of an Emergency
- Listen to any messages on the Public Address system
- Obey wardens or the Fire Brigade
- Assist people with disabilities
- Evacuate the Building and surrounding stairs. The evacuation assembly areas for the Napier Tower and Ligertwood Building are the Goodman Crescent lawns in front of Elder Hall. For lower ground Napier Building assemble in the Hughes Plaza outside Security and for the Education Building precinct it is North Terrace.
- Use the lifts
- Enter the Napier Building
Know Your Wardens
- Chief Warden - White helmet
- Deputy Chief Warden - White helmet
- Warden - Red helmet
When you hear the Alert tone (a series of long beeps), collect your belongings, prepare to evacuate, and await further instructions.
The evacuation tone follows the Alert tone. A message will be announced on the Public Address system. Leave by the nearest exit, as directed by the floor wardens.
The system will immediately go into evacuation mode. Leave the building by the nearest exit. Do not use the lift.
Users with Disabilities
Users whose disability may make it difficult to use the emergency exits should notify the School Office of their presence in the building, and of their likely movements within the building. This will aid in your speedy evacuation in an emergency.
Reporting an Emergency
If you see or hear a potential hazard in the Napier Building please report the nature and location of the problem immediately to the School Office.