Welcome to the School of Social Sciences
The School of Social Sciences is one of four schools in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Adelaide. The School is currently divided into four broad disciplinary areas:
- Anthropology & Development Studies
- Asian Studies
- Geography, Environment & Population and
- Gender Studies and Social Analysis.
Within those areas are additionally Development Studies, Asian languages including Chinese, Japanese and Indonesian as well as the recent establishment of the Confucius Institute, providing students with opportunities for interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary study and for the acquisition of a range of skills to equip them for a broad spectrum of careers.
The School offers significant opportunities for students to undertake postgraduate research across a wide field of research areas. Details of postgraduate and undergraduate courses and programmes can be found in the School Handbook. Academic staff have national and international profiles and the School has an outstanding track record of success in attracting research funding. Academic staff have global networks highlighted in their research affiliations and extensive publications. Students can access the profiles of staff and are encouraged to contact academics directly to discuss research opportunities.
Welcome to the School of Social Sciences. Please contact us with any query.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Bachelor of Environmental Policy & Management
Postgraduate Coursework Program Information
- Master of Environmental Policy & Management
- Master of Planning
- Master of Planning (Urban Design)
- Master of Arts (Translation and Transcultural Communication)